My birthday is coming up! My 27th birthday is on August 12th, and as much as I may be excited for it, I’m just aging up a year. It’s another year to learn some life lessons, lessons I can share with you! I honestly thought I was going to have a rough time putting this list together, but once I started, the lessons just started pouring out!
Life is a learning experience, and we can all learn from each other.
Here are 27 things I have learned before my 27th birthday!
- Work Hard, Play Hard – you will enjoy every day much more.
- Enjoy the little things – slow down and notice the little things. The breeze, the way way different people dot their “i”.
- Don’t say “no” to too many things – there have been movies about this, but if you say no to everything, you won’t experience anything.
- Be nice… – you don’t know what people are going through.
- … but stand your ground – don’t be a pushover.
- Write things down – You won’t remember to run that errand 3 weeks from now. Trust me.
- Cut out the Negativity – Negativity won’t get you anywhere.
- Create Positivity – But negativity is all around you. It’s up to you to create a positive atmosphere in a negative environment.
- Learn something new everyday – We have powerful brains, use that to your advantage. You may be able to teach someone else a fun fact of the day!
- Branch out on the food you eat – Doesn’t have to be extreme. If you have ham and cheese sandwiches every day, try turkey and cheese. If you’re a picky eater like me, try one thing at a time over a longer period.
- Tomatoes are actually really good – Okay this one is for just me… but as someone who used to hate them, I eat them quite regularly now and they add so much more to the dish!
- Pets make life fun – Whether its a cat, dog, fish, mouse, or a pet rock, pets make life more enjoyable.
- Go see that movie in theaters – We tell ourselves that we will wait until that movie comes out on DVD/Blu-ray… but its always SO MUCH BETTER in theaters!
- Don’t let people get to you – People as a whole do annoying things. If it’s a petty thing, like a smirk, or the fact they have Thanksgiving decor up in December, don’t let it bother you.
- There are going to be people who don’t like you – And that’s okay. Don’t try to get these people to like you, it’s not worth your time.
- Eat healthy – You will feel much better.
- But don’t pass up the junk food – Because that bag of Cheetos taste so good while binge watching Supernatural.
- Drink lots of water – Your body will constantly thank you.
- Collect something – Magnets, shot glasses, bottle caps, anything! You can look back on this collection and memories will flood the moment.
- Find a candle scent you love – It makes being at home just thismuch better.
- How you react is everything –Do you react negatively to stressful situations? Do you take time to process the situation? How you act says tons about your personality.
- Set a day aside for some “you” time – We forget to set time aside for ourselves. We need time to recharge
- Have integrity – Always do the right thing when no one is looking. You may not be noticed for it just once, but over a period of time it will reflect who you are.
- It’s better to have 3 really good friends than 15 decent acquaintances – The person who you’ve met four times won’t care if you’re stressed out about that presentation. Your best friend will.
- Stand up for what is right – Even if you’re shy like me. A shaky voice is better than silence.
- It’s okay if you don’t finish something, but not all the time – It’s okay if you didn’t finish that book, or that art piece. Just don’t make a habit of it.
- Do what makes you happy – Your life will be so much better.
What are some life lessons you have learned and want to share?